Neighborhood Arts Performance Schedule
For Summer at the Library “Make a Splash—Read!”
A major component of the Metropolitan Library System’s Summer at the Library Program for kids—this year called “Make a Splash—Read!”—is the traditional Neighborhood Arts series of events.
“We have a wide variety of very cool programs and events scheduled for this summer,” said MLS Children’s Services Coordinator Lisa Wood, “with an emphasis on music and theater. This will be the last year for one of our favorite groups, The Lucky Penny Players, who have been part of Summer at the Library for 20 years. We hope everyone who has grown up loving their goofy slapstick will come to tell them goodbye.”
The 2010 slate of programs is scheduled for the following dates and places:
- June 7–11: Lucky Penny Players Present “The Ugly Duckling”
- June 14-18: The Sugar Free All Stars, Splishin’ and-a Splashin’, Rockin’ and-a Rollin’
- June 21–25: Al Bostick’s Lotta Water Stories
- June 28-July 2: Yippee Yi Yo and The Yippee Yi Yo Show to Go!
- July 6-9: Motoko Dworkin and Eshu – Folktales From Asia and Africa
- July 12-16: Rhythmically Speaking — At the Water Hole
- July 19-23: Oklahoma Children’s Theatre Presents “Old MacDonald Had a Farm”
- July 25 – 30: Children’s Metro Music Fest – Farmer Jason and Mr. Stinky Feet
- Ralph Ellison Library, 2000 N.E. 23rd (424-1437) at 10:30a.m.
- Capitol Hill Library, 334 S.W. 16th (634-6308) at 1:00p.m.
- Midwest City Library, 8143 E. Reno (732-4828) at 7:00p.m.
- Bethany Library, 3510 N. Mueller (789-8363) at 9:30a.m. and 10:30a.m.
- Downtown Library, 300 Park Avenue (231-8650) at 1:00p.m.—2:00p.m. on Sunday, July 25
- Southern Oaks Library, 6900 S. Walker (631-4468) at 3:p.m.
- Del City Library, 4509 S.E. 15th (672-1377) at 10:30a.m.
- Warr Acres Library, 5901 N.W. 63rd (721-2616) at 2:00p.m. – 3:00p.m. on June 9 only
- Edmond Library, 10 S. Boulevard (341-9282) at 9:30a.m. and 10:30a.m.
- The Village Library, 10307 N. Pennsylvania (755-0710) at 1:00p.m.
- Belle Isle Library, 5501 N. Villa (843-9601) 7:00p.m.
- Harrah Library at United Methodist Church, 2224 N. Harrison in Harrah (454-2001) at 10:30 a.m.
- Choctaw Library, 25235 Muzzy Street (390-8418) at 1:00p.m.
- Nicoma Park Library, 2240 Overholser, Nicoma Park (769-9452) at 3:00p.m.
Summer at the Library Neighborhood Arts is co-sponsored by the Arts Council of OklahomaCity, Oklahoma Arts Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
For more information about this or any Metropolitan Library System program, visit the
MLS website, www.metrolibrary.org.
The Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma County includes 12 libraries and five extension libraries. Libraries include Belle Isle, Capitol Hill, Ralph Ellison, Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library and Southern Oaks in Oklahoma City, as well as Bethany, Choctaw, Del City, Edmond, Midwest City, Village and Warr Acres. Extensions are located in the communities of Harrah, Jones, Luther and Nicoma Park and include Wright Library in Oklahoma City. You can also reach us at www.metrolibrary.org.