Downtown Library Brightens Lunch in March and April with Thursday Noon Tunes Concerts
When you have a good thing going, don’t stop.
That’s how the Downtown Library, 300 Park Avenue, feels about its ongoing series of Thursday lunch hour concerts, “Noon Tunes.” These live music programs have been a hit in the library’s Atrium for over a year, and there’s no end in sight.
“Noon Tunes” lasts from 11:30 to 1:00p.m. every Thursday. “Our selections for March and April,” said the library system’s Director of Outreach Services, Dana Morrow, “just build on the success we’ve been having since the series started.”
- March 4: Heather Nelson Trio – light jazz
- March 11: Louise Goldberg / Mary Reynolds – piano/vocal, jazz/blues
- March 18: Stacy Arnold – classical guitar
- March 25: Cleveland Elementary
- April 1: B.C. Jazz Ensemble
- April 8: Tess Remy-Schumaker / Benjamin Davis – cello/piano
- April 15: Dolce – violin/guitar duo
- April 22: Nichols Hills Elementary Choir
- April 29: Harold Dugger – singer/songwriter
All performances are free and open to the public.
“Noon Tunes” is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Metropolitan Library System.
The Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma County includes 12 libraries and five extension libraries. Libraries include Belle Isle, Capitol Hill, Ralph Ellison, Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library and Southern Oaks in Oklahoma City, as well as Bethany, Choctaw, Del City, Edmond, Midwest City, Village and Warr Acres. Extensions are located in the communities of Harrah, Jones, Luther and Nicoma Park and include Wright Library in Oklahoma City. You can also reach us at www.metrolibrary.org.