Fourth Annual Children’s Music Festival Coming to Metro Libraries
Kim Terry, Director of Marketing and Communications
Published: July 13, 2012
Couch potatoes, put on your dancing shoes and get ready to boogie!
The Metropolitan Library System’s Fourth Annual Children’s Music Festival pumps up the volume and has kids ready to rock the library to the sounds of Aaron Nigel Smith from “Between the Lions” and Dino O’Dell and the Veloci-rappers.
“The Children’s Music Festival,” said MLS Director of Outreach Dana Morrow, “is original songs that tell stories and celebrate reading and the arts. It’s interactive, fun and participatory, and it’s for kids of all ages. Through this and other musical events and series we’ve learned that kids respond to music better than just about anything else. A wide variety of musical styles is almost as much fun for them as browsing a toy store—or reading a good book.”
The Festival continues over five days in July and 18 libraries.
- Monday, July 23, 10:30a.m.: Northwest Library (606-3580) Dino O’Dell
- Monday, July 23, 10:30a.m.: Southern Oaks Library (631-4468) Aaron Nigel Smith, event held offsite at the OCCC Family and Community Education Center, 6500 S. Land Avenue
- Monday, July 23, 2:00p.m.: Capitol Hill Library (634-6308) Dino O’Dell
- Monday, July 23, 7:00p.m.: Midwest City Library (732-4828) Aaron Nigel Smith
- Tuesday, July 24, 9:30 & 10:30a.m.: Bethany Library (789-8363) Dino O’Dell
- Tuesday, July 24, 10:30a.m.: Ralph Ellison Library (424-1437) Aaron Nigel Smith
- Tuesday, July 24, 1:30p.m.: Downtown Library (231-8650) Dino O’Dell
- Tuesday, July 24, 2:00p.m.: Luther Library (277-9967) Aaron Nigel Smith, event held offsite at Luther High School Auditorium
- Wednesday, July 25, 10:30a.m.: Del City Library (672-1377) Aaron Nigel Smith
- Wednesday, July 25, 10:30a.m.: Wright Library (235-5035) Dino O’Dell, event held offsite at Exchange Avenue Baptist Church, 1300 S. Pennsylvania
- Wednesday, July 25, 2:00p.m.: Choctaw Library (390-8418) Aaron Nigel Smith
- Wednesday, July 25, 2:00p.m.:Warr Acres Library (721-2616) Dino O’Dell
- Thursday, July 26, 9:30 & 10:30a.m. Edmond Library (341-9282) Aaron Nigel Smith
- Thursday, July 26, 2:00p.m.: Jones Library (399-5471) Aaron Nigel Smith, event held offsite at Jones Community Center, 120 W. Atlanta
- Thursday, July 26, 2:00p.m.: The Village Library (755-0710) Dino O’Dell
- Thursday, July 26, 7:00p.m.: Belle Isle Library (843-9601) Dino O’Dell
- Friday, July 27, 10:30a.m.: Harrah Library (454-2001) Dino O’Dell, event held offsite at Harrah City Hall, 19625 N.E, 23rd
- Friday, July 27, 10:30a.m.: Nicoma Park Library (769-9452) Aaron Nigel Smith
Children’s Music Festival is co-sponsored by Arts Council of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Arts Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
For more information about this or any Metropolitan Library System program, visit the MLS website, www.metrolibrary.org.
The Metropolitan Library System of Oklahoma County includes 13 libraries and five extension libraries. Libraries include Belle Isle, Capitol Hill, Patience S. Latting Northwest, Ralph Ellison, Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library, and Southern Oaks in Oklahoma City, as well as Bethany, Choctaw, Del City, Edmond, Midwest City, Village and Warr Acres. Extensions are located in the communities of Harrah, Jones, Luther and Nicoma Park and include Wright Library in Oklahoma City. You can also reach us at www.metrolibrary.org.